TikTok star hospitalized after attempting ‘bold glamour’ filter trend

swollen lady

A TikTok star has been rushed to the hospital after suffering a severe allergic reaction to a filter that made her look like a glamorous Hollywood starlet.

The 19-year-old influencer, who goes by the username @glamgirlxo, was trying out the ‘bold glamour makeup’ trend, which involves using a filter and a sound to show how one would look like if they learned how to do makeup.

The trend, which has been popularized by accounts like @wavewyld and @jera.bean, is supposed to be a humorous way of expressing shock at how real filters look these days.

However, things took a turn for the worse when @glamgirlxo applied the filter and realized that she was actually allergic to the virtual lipstick that was smudged on her lips.

<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-7855998298957479"
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block; text-align:center;"
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

She immediately started to feel a burning sensation on her mouth, followed by swelling, itching, and difficulty breathing.

She managed to call 911 before collapsing on the floor of her bedroom, where she was filming her TikTok video.

She was taken to the nearest hospital, where she was treated with antihistamines and steroids.

She is currently in stable condition, but doctors have advised her to avoid using any filters or makeup products for the next few weeks.

She has also deleted her TikTok account, saying that she regrets ever trying to follow a trend that could have cost her life.

“I learned my lesson the hard way,” she said in a statement. “Filters are not worth risking your health or your life. Be careful what you put on your face, even if it’s just virtual. And always check the ingredients before you try anything new.”

Sign up to receive Weekly updates from The Seekonk Reporter

Sign up to receive Weekly updates from The Seekonk Reporter

%d bloggers like this: